A mother who has lost three sons to London's youth violence over nearly three decades broke down in tears on live TV today as she told of her fight for justice.
Linda Burke-Monerville was left unable to speak when she was asked about the trauma of losing her sons David, Joseph and Trevor on Good Morning Britain.
Stepping in, her husband John told the programme: 'We are trying very hard. It's very difficult times for us, but we are trying. I have to hold on to what's left of our family.'
Their son David Bello-Monerville, 38, was stabbed to death near the family's north London home last month.
Six years ago his brother Joseph Burke-Monerville, 19, was shot in the head in a drive-by shooting and in 1994 his brother Trevor Monerville was knifed to death in Hackney at the age of 26.
At the time neighbours told of how Mrs Burke-Monerville screamed: 'Not another son', as he lay bleeding on the side of the road.
Three men have been charged with aggravated burglary over his death, but the family are still waiting for justice for Joseph and Trevor's deaths years and on.
The had previously sent Joseph and his twin Jonathan to boarding school in Nigeria to keep them away from crime and insist none of the family have ever been in trouble with the police.
They told the programme of how they made the decision after they came home with a knife offered to them by a classmate at school.
Mrs Burke-Monerville said: 'They came home from school one day and they had got into a fight at school.
'One young lad who spectated this fight offered one of them a knife and told them to use it.
'They came and they told us that story and we decided to the send them away.'
The mother, who used to work as a teacher, tried to explain to presenters Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard that she just wanted them to do well at school, but she was overcome with grief and unable to continue.
The presenters asked the couple what they thought was the answer to London's violent crime culture, pointing out new PM Boris Johnson is putting 20,000 extra police officers on the streets.
But Mrs Burke-Monerville said: 'I don't know if that will help either.
I think for that to even work the parents of these boys should do something better, instead of harbouring boys who do all these things.'
She added, her voice breaking: 'What is happening to me now. I don't wish it on my worst enemy. What these boys are putting me through innocently.'
Mrs Burke-Monerville thanked the Metropolitan Police for 'treating us like parents' and not like 'criminals', as they claim they did in the cases of Trevor and Joseph's deaths.
As Mr Burke-Monerville implored the public to help them in their fight for justice, his wife said: 'I just want justice now. The police have promised us heaven and earth but... justice has not been done to Joseph. Justice has not been done to Trevor.
'It is too much, too much to carry on. Too much to bear.'
There have been 82 murders in London so far this year.
Francis Appiagyei, 27, Nathan Harewood, 27 and Khalil Rehman, 26, have all been charged with aggravated burglary.
They appeared at Harrow Crown Court on July 19.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman told MailOnline: 'Our thoughts and sympathies are with the Monerville family who continue to suffer following the tragic loss of three young men, whose futures were cruelly stolen from them through violence.
'We fully understand their need for answers, and hopefully our ongoing investigations into their murders will go some way to providing them.
'We continue to appeal to the local communities to come forward to assist us; we need them to tell us what they know so that we can bring those who are responsible to justice.
'We have received a complaint from the family detailing a number of criticisms of the investigation with respect to their son Joseph, and this is being investigated by the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards.
'We expect this to be completed soon and once it has concluded, we will update the Monerville family at the earliest opportunity.'